STATEMENT OF INTENT
The Health and Social Cares overall curriculum is designed to recognise each apprentice as an individual and to tailor learning around their ability so that every apprentice has an equal opportunity to learn and achieve to their maximum potential. We want apprentices to enjoy their learning experience and to come to masterclass and skills coach sessions feeling happy and safe and to have the confidence to try and learn new things.
Our 8 key points are:
1. Know how to be healthy, safe, safe when online, safeguarding, and British values.
2. Show resilience and be the best they can.
3. Be aspirational and understand their career options.
4. Know how to behave well and respect other members of our community.
5. Have confidence and be able to communicate effectively.
6. Be mutually tolerant and empathetic individuals.
7. Be knowledgeable and be able to deeply understand and recall information easily.
8. Be skilled in applying this knowledge in a range of circumstances.
The overall aim is for every apprentice to leave their health and social care apprenticeship eager to continue with their learning, feel proud of their achievements, be kind and caring, demonstrate good communication skills, know about their career options, and have the qualifications needed to compete in a competitive workforce.